Friday

The Robe

I watched this movie for the first time around 1976, not too long after I got saved at the age of 13, and I was totally amazed that there were movies about what real Christians are having to go through, namely persecution, as I had just experienced in the fact that the group I got saved with was being slandered and maligned by practically the entire European media apparatus, and having personally experienced a police raid of one of their Homes (simultaneous to the raid of every other Family Home in Germany, as I later found out), the cops' interrogations and mockings, followed by the flak from parents and other folks who thought they had a say in it, just as it is vividly described throughout the Gospels. So, if you want to watch a movie about what's expecting you if you're a real Christian, this is the one.

No comments: