Sunday

Yes Man


I had read a few reviews of "Yes Man" before I finally dared to watch it. I like Jim Carrey, and have forgiven him for antics like "Ace Ventura" latest since "Truman Story," and, of course, "Bruce Almighty."

I understand that some folks can't deal with some of the lessons that movies like "Bruce Almighty" or "Yes Man" have to offer. Maybe they're not the personality types that this type of lesson applies to, so they can't relate to them, or they have a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" attitude toward movies: "Here we are now, entertain us!" and don't want to be bothered with lessons from a movie screen.

Well, I'm not a notorious "Yes Man," so I enjoyed what this movie has to say, and at the same time found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Being a former owner and fond conosseur of Third Eye Blind's '99 debut album, I particularly enjoyed Jim's rendition of "Jumper," probably one of the best 1000 rock songs of all times. I was laughing till I cried...

Apparently I wasn't the only one, judging by the amount of uploads of that scene to Youtube.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Unfortunately - I am completely a "No Man"