Saturday

A Shine of Rainbows

There are those who feel right smack dab at home in this world, because they've got all the good cards: they're bigger than the tiny squirts that look like pathetic losers compared to them, the bullies and champions of the universe.

Then there are those who've always known this wasn't home, who have to cope with their lot in a world that isn't really theirs.

Then there are the kind of people who were born to love people. And those to whose standards and expectations the little losers could never live up to, those just desperate for a little love...

Well, this is the Irish tale of "A Shine of Rainbows." A sad and yet happy tale indeed, if you're the sentimental kind. Alas, if you're not, and you're the kind that goes for action and "make'em dead," here's a stern warning: this movie is not for you!

All the rest of you, pull out your hankies and get ready for some heart-warming!



2 comments:

Paul said...

Could you write a review on the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I'd like you hear your views on it.

McDozer said...

Sorry, Neo, only spotted this comment today...

As a songwriter who never sits down "to write a song," but lets them come, and "if it don't, it don't," I do the same with my movie reviews.

If a movie doesn't move me enough, (be it in a positive or negative sense), there usually won't be coming a single line from my finger tips.

And so it was with the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. While the trilogy certainly is "nice" and has a lot of gorgeous scenery, and we all can certainly relate to our dear and "PRECIOUS!" Gollum - since we're surrounded by prettier folks inwardly just like him, that's all about I can say about it, and, as you see, not really worth a post in itself.

Maybe - at the rate the movie industry is "evolving" I might change my mind about it someday, but that's my stance on it for now.

By your nick I would guess you might agree with me, since this trilogy comes nowhere in the vicinity of holding a candle to the Matrix trilogy in my most humble opinion.